Anyone out there who runs for fun is a brave soul who deserves to be truly spoiled this Christmas. But buying gifts for runners can be quite tricky — particularly as preferences on key bits of kit (think: trainers and gym leggings) can vary wildly from person-to-person. Steer clear of anything too polarising, and reach for accessories, gadgets, and sentimental presents instead. Your runner gift game will be strong.
Whether they just enjoy going out for a gentle jog – or they’re hoping for a PB on their next marathon – running belts, chest lights and anti-blister socks make great stocking fillers for all kinds of runners. Alternatively, now that there’s a real chill in the air, it’s also an ideal time to treat your loved-one to base layers for running — such as thermal gloves, beanies, and long-sleeved running tops.
After a slightly more substantial present? From water-repellent jackets and sporty sunglasses, to massage guns and smartwatches, there’s plenty to pick from in this tightly-curated edit. Besides — if you really nail the gift-giving — you’ll definitely be able to worm your way out of accompanying them on any runs over the festive season…
Best gifts for runners at a glance:
- Best activewear gift for runners: SkinLuxe Zip Through Running Top,
- Best practical gift for runners: FP Movement Runner Sling, £26, Free People
- Best winter accessory gift for runners: Warm 100 V2 Touchscreen Gloves, £5.99, Decathlon
- Best sentimental gift for runners: Any Marathon Frame, £68, Not On The High Street
- Best recovery gift for runners: Theragun 2nd Generation Mini Massager, £175, John Lewis